Thursday, October 26, 2006

Chinese Stuff

So today I was playing World of Warcraft (possibly one of the greatest games of all time) and was leveling one of my alt characters. Some person randomly wants to group with me for help with one of their quests. I declined because I didn't want to help anyone right then. I planned on using a the lame excuse that I was Chinese and wouldn't be able to help him, so I whispered him a "ni hao." Little did I know that I accidentally spelled his name wrong and whispered an actual Chinese person. I started to have a conversation with this person, which I understood very little of... I believe he/she asked me if I was Chinese, which I responded by telling him that I am an American student studying Chinese. Then he/she started to say some stuff that I didn't know and was too lazy to look up. Though it was really amusing at the start, as I was more astounded by the odds of my actually randomly whispering a Chinese person on a US server (which the few are gold farmers who sell WoW gold for real money on EBay or something like that), I ended up getting really tired of trying to hold a conversation in a language that I barely understood. So I logged out and played my main character. And that is my story for the week. How I ended up holding a random conversation with some Chinese gold farmer. That should be worth something...

By the way, if any of you play, Eredar is the realm where all the cool people are at.
Oh, and I punt Gnomes. Horde for the win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home