Friday, October 13, 2006

Mmmm... Coffee!


Mmm... I like coffee!
So I finally went to the Common House coffee place this week. I've gone three times since. Yeah, I liked it. So far, I would probably place it as one of the best things in Morris. The only thing that's keeping it from number one is that I just found out that it's a religious coffee shop. Not to say there is anything wrong with religion and for those of you who believe in that stuff, good for you. But today when I went there I had my first run in with ultra-conservative religious idiots who said one of the stupidest, least educated, and careless things I have ever heard in at least a half a year. They were loud too, so for those of you who say I was eavesdropping, it was impossible to not hear them. They started talking about religion, and one of them said jokingly, "I'm not Christian, I'm Muslim now." One of the ladies immediately went on the offencive and said that you shouldn't even joke around about that. Then, to my extreme disgust, she said, you shouldn't even joke around about that, Muslims and Hindus don't believe in a god. At this point I slowly turned around, careful not to make it look like I was looking at them, to find out who these people were. To my disappointment, they were old and I didn't want to tear apart an old person for being so stupid. Maybe I should have. Given them not only a lecture on how wrong they were, but a lesson in religious history as well. I could go on for hours about why they were wrong and how people like that are destroying America's image. Someday... my dream will come true and someone will die (figuratively). People like this make me not want to give anything to religion because I don't want to hep something that makes people into mindless slaves that know nothing about other cultures, which is depressing because they have really good coffee. The only thing they need now is to lose the religious support and redecorate. Seriously, the atmosphere could use an update. Too old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home