Monday, October 02, 2006

Yay! Shopping!

I got to go to MoA this weekend! I love going there. Too ad it's so far away from this place, or I would go all the time just to hang out and look around. I only spent $70 there though. I didn't find a lot that I loved for under $60 so I didn't buy much. I bought a sweater, two scarves, and six cute pairs of socks. Sometimes going shopping depresses me. It makes me wish that I had money.

Also, the whole eastbound 694 being closed from highway 100 to Penn Ave. sucked. Being a man, I thought I would take a shorter and quicker way around the constuction and avoid the most likely long detour. Instead, I got lost. The only reason I knew I was kind of going the right direction was every once in a whle I saw a plane going in fot a landing in front of me. When I was about to give up and ask for dirctions, I luckily ran into 35W, so I wasn't lost anymore. Which was good as it shouldn't take anywhere near an hour and 15 minutes for me to get to the mall. Maybe 30 minutes, 45 minutes tos if there's bad traffic.

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 7:12 PM , Blogger Nic McPhee said...

OK, to be fair I've only been to the MoA twice, and they were both many years ago, but that place just gave me the creeps in the worst way.

There were a lot of things about it that bugged me, but I think the worst was that there were (then) no decent book or record stores. There we had the largest mall in the universe (or whatever the pitch was at the time) and it was totally devoid of any sort of life of the mind.

Ugh.

The only thing that I found really interesting was a neat store/info booth thing they had tucked way up in some corner on the top floor that had lots of neat info on the trash disposal and recycling problems a facility that large faces.

Sigh.

 
At 10/04/2006 1:22 AM , Blogger Brandon/Dooner (Dune-er) said...

lol! No, there are a few book stores and music stores there now. There's even a colege there. When they expand it, one could actually live in the mall and never leave. That idea is a bit disgusting, but possible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home