Friday, December 08, 2006

In Loving Memory of Ellis Bergstrom



The saddest thing happened this week. My high school band director's son, Ellis Bergstrom, died this week. Ellis was born with a bad heart. He made it two years on that weak heart when the doctors originally said he wouldn't live more than two weeks. Ellis went downhill after his heart transplant due to infections.

It almost made it worse that when I found out it just happened to be at the same time as one of those sad endings of Scrubs, you know, where they play the sad music and something goes wrong. The song they happened to be playing at that time was Fix You by Coldplay. And that made it extra hard just because it helped set the mood. I know this is going to happen because that's just the way I am; but from now on, whenever I hear Fix You, I'll end up thinking of how cool Ellis was.

It's sad to think that this kind of thing happens to the nicest people.

We will all miss you Ellis. You were already better at the drum set than anyone I know. I guess your skills are needed elsewhere.

1 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 10:59 AM , Blogger Nic McPhee said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. This is a nice tribute; they're fortunate to have the support of people like you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home